News & Articles‎ > ‎

Sound Insulation Testing - Essex

posted 12 Dec 2013, 06:33 by Unknown user   [ updated 7 Feb 2014, 08:04 ]
Sound Tests are required for: 
  • Buildings where there has been a change of use relating to conversions and refurbishments – Effective from 1st July 2003. 
  • New build houses and flats – Effective from 1st January 2004. 
  • Domestic Extensions.
The New Approved Document E, (2003 Edition) was implemented on 1st July 2003 (with an amendment in 2004). Its primary objective is to raise the standard of sound insulation in all dwellings to counter the rising level of complaints received about noise transmission. Noise nuisance has a detrimental effect on a home owner or resident’s quality of life so the aim is to improve the sound insulation both between and within dwellings, as well as between rooms in hostels, hotels and residential homes. The scope has been extended to cover reverberation in common parts of blocks of flats and acoustic conditions in schools.

SES is UKAS accredited to undertake Sound Insulation Testing and can provide free testing programmes tailored specifically to your project/development at proposal stage.

For a free quote call us on 01279 873380 or send an e mail

Related Services: