News & Articles‎ > ‎

Why carry out Sound insulation testing in buildings?

posted 21 Feb 2014, 06:11 by Unknown user   [ updated 17 Mar 2014, 09:40 ]

Building Regulations require that builders demonstrate the sound insulation performance of separating walls/floors in new-build dwellings or rooms for residential purposes (as well as those newly formed by a material change of use) where they are attached to another dwelling/building or part of the same building not exclusively used by the same occupants.

The regulations set minimum performance requirements for sound insulation between spaces so as to provide reasonable conditions for living. Performance can be demonstrated either by testing a sample of as-built constructions/properties or (in England, Wales & Scotland) by registering to use Robust Details.

SES can carry out Sound Insulation Testing also known as acoustic testing to comply with Approved Document E of the Building Regulations 2000.

To speak to a member of our team please call 01279 873380 or email